Saturday, February 2, 2019

you smell barn, ames center

i saw a church basement ladies play at the ames center in Burnsville this afternoon, 'you smell barn', the seventh in the series. what made the show for me was the new character, an Irishman. some of the jokes worked for me well, such as mention of hotdish. I also know it isn't the first time where meeting a catholic was a big deal when they are Lutherans. first time at this venue, the previous plays I had seen in the series were all in Plymouth. But I am aware of how the troupe had to move. there was two stages there, and I was sitting in the back row in the corner. I could see most things well except for if it was something at the actor's feet as we were on 'risers'. I am not sure which stage is larger as I did not see the other one. there was an art gallery as well, but it was vacant. looks like the most recent display had just closed. I liked having plenty of parking nearby in a ramp.
   after the show I drove home and watched the news. then I needed to get to the grocery store. but I don't mind going through when it is less than an hour until closing time, as it is less crowded. I went to a comedy show tonight, the crow was performing as well as laundry comic. hopefully I get stage time at this show again soon. then I went across town to do some karaoke, and sang 'fell on black days' by soundgarden. I am thankful I still got to sing, as it was in doubt based on the announcement I heard from the karaoke jockey when I had just arrived. but I got my song request in right away, although I usually arrive much earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment