Saturday, February 23, 2019

north by northwest movie

I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this morning, 'north by northwest', the thriller by Alfred Hitchcock and starring cary grant. I didn't know much about the storyline aside from how it takes place at mount rushmore in south Dakota. it does, but only at the end. it moves around a lot before then, starting in new York city. an early scene in the movie seems to show the director himself being unable to get on a bus as it was leaving. I am familiar with how 'alf' as my dad called him liked to make cameos in his movies. it was a spy thriller, and a pretty good one. cary grant had some good lines in it, and I like a dour actor as I tend to be dour as well. eventually I figured out at least part of the movie title, as 'northwest' seems to refer to the airline.
   after that I went to the post office to check my box, as it was closing for the day soon. five items were there, including one of the two amazon orders. I think I will want to pause on the orders for a little while, since I am now back at work and have fewer opportunities to get to the box. then it was on to a job interview, at a hotel near mall of America. odd how I applied on indeed and still was asked to complete the hotel's application as well. I did this before meeting with the interviewer. I did not like having the session out in the lobby though, near the front desk. hopefully if there is a second interview then that one will have more privacy. I was given plenty of information about what the work will entail, and for this reason did not have many questions to ask at this time. I said my next stop was for a late lunch. I went to the IKEA but their snack bar only had cheese pizza. so I continued on to a speedway convenience store and had a chili dog. a little while later it was on to the library to return the movie and to print some things. I arrived about 30 minutes before closing, so I had to make some choices about what I was able to get done. there is always sunday of course for what is left over on my 'to do' list. for the rest of the evening the plans are to perform a guest set at the comedy club.

No comments:

Post a Comment