Sunday, February 17, 2019

lucky number slevin movie

I watched a DVD on loan from the library around midday, 'lucky number slevin'. this was a thriller that was recommended by brawler. I liked how it kept me guessing for a while, until the end. at first the story seemed a little too weird, a case of mistaken identity. but there was more of the story to tell. so it is correct to say how the movie started off slow but got better after a while. I like bruce willis, he is in it. he is good at calmly telling a story, much like in this movie. it was a good cast all around, with lucy liu, morgan freeman, and ben kingsley as well. it takes place in new York city, but I saw the closing credits where it shows that it was filmed in Canada mostly, Montreal and Toronto. no surprise on Montreal, since I saw plenty of French names in the credits. a big part of the story was rival gangs, and it took a while to explain how all of the characters were inter-related.
   watching the movie was one of a few things on my list today, the others included getting to the library to print things and doing laundry. since I am going back to work on Monday I figured it was time to do laundry again. I know it had been a while. when I was 'on vacation' I didn't feel the need to change all of my clothes daily. there were a few weirdos at the laundromat, the first asked me about sandwich shops but was a little impatient with me, then left. guess he wasn't doing any laundry. the other was doing laundry, with his wife and daughter possibly, and at times it looked like he was mocking me to get a reaction out of me like when I was checking voicemail on my phone but I knew better than to take the bait. while I was there I went to a nearby grocery store and got some day-old pastries for a dollar as I went through those little Debbie brownies quick, bought the previous day at Hy-Vee. when I got home I was watching 'the simpsons' while putting away laundry. marc maron was on this one, I think the big dog has opened for him before at the mall of America venue. I did dishes, then called my dad, saying hearing a beatles song this weekend, 'want to hold your hand', made me think of him. he said he heard it while in Minnesota on national guard duty. I liked how he told some family stories and stayed away from politics. he said my grandfather liked connie francis. and I heard some more about one of my immigrant great-grandparents. when I spoke of how I missed out on hearing more about them when I was younger, such as my first-ever plane ride to Arizona to visit his aunt, he said he has a wide range of interests as well. so I think he understood that part about regret, but at the same time it didn't mean enough to me then. I had to wait until I was old enough to care about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment