Wednesday, February 6, 2019

perks of being a wallflower movie

I watched a movie on loan from the library this morning, 'perks of being a wallflower'. I recognized some of the actors in it, mostly the ones playing adults. this included paul rudd, melanie Lynskey, and joan cusack. I liked how the setting was Pittsburgh, although the city's name is never mentioned. but I saw things like the green road signs saying 'fort duquesne' and things like a steelers logo on a coat, as well as talk of the penguins- so two of their sports teams. it is a coming of age story, and what made the mental health issues easier to stomach was how it is depicted on a limited basis. only a scene or two was in a mental hospital. of course I like the setting as I have been to Pittsburgh and would like to make a return visit. even a scene at a Kings restaurant reminded me of being there, as I ate at one near my hotel. I correctly predicted there would be a fight, in a cafeteria scene. I saw it as odd to see a pickup truck in it being used by the main characters, since one doesn't see them much in big cities. I very much enjoyed the music in it, one of the songs was 'low' by cracker.
    in the afternoon I went to the library to print some things and get two more DVDs to watch. in the evening I went to perform, and sub teacher was the show closer. I said I was at the bar when the show runner called for me. I was unsure where I was in the lineup, but at this show I am usually on early. a comic I hadn't seen in a while said he had a sunday show, I said I had been to that venue before. not much activity on the job front, but I got an email inviting me to another phone interview, it will be on Thursday. I am still looking at what is out there, even though I have accepted an offer it is something that doesn't start until more than a week from now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment