Saturday, February 9, 2019

tony montana sandwich

i went tio an event at can-can wonderland in st. paul at midday and ordered a tony montana sandwich. I hadn't heard of such a thing before, but guessed it was named after a movie gangster and was correct, the character played by al pacino in 'scarface'. it tasted good. I also had some of their in-house root beer, as well as some twist ice cream. I had hoped to do the golfing part of it, but I needed to get on the road to another event. also notable, as a history major, was seeing a drink named 'boone and crockett', after the pioneers. I was recognized by a fellow performer there, a children's entertainer that dresses in bright-colored outfits. she did some amazing balloon animals, including a monkey. usually I just see a clown do a 'dog balloon'.
    the second event was a hockey game at Charles schulz arena, also in st. paul. I like seeing a game there annually as it is named after the charlie brown creator, and there is a hockey-themed snoopy statue in the lobby. it is the home ice for cretin-derham hall, who was playing Stillwater. according to my binder, in 2012 this was the same opponent. Stillwater won 5-2. they led 3-0 at the end of the 1st, a goal about 2 minutes in, then close to the midway point, and then with about 2 minutes left. they led 4-0 at the end of the 2nd, the only goal in that period was with about 2 minutes left. cretin got on the board in the 1st minute of the 3rd, then got another one with just under 2 minutes left. but Stillwater got an empty-net goal with 10 seconds left, and that was it. I am thankful I made it back, I skipped last season, guess I forgot since I was unemployed then and it wasn't high priority to look up the schedule. I chose this one as I knew I was running out of time this season, as cretin has one more home game after this one and it is on a weeknight. I did the 'chuck the puck' event during the second intermission, but my throw was way wide of center ice. I liked seeing a poster on the wall of 'peanuts on parade', the first year of the statue series. I got food out of the vending machine, didn't want to wait in line at the concession stand. I got some TGI Friday's chips. the other item, snack cakes, were taken home and eaten as part of my evening meal.
   I went to aldi for my weekly grocery order after my evening meal and watching the 6pm news. then I was online for a little while and was tired from the events of the day, and laid down for a while. but I knew I wanted to get up and go out again, to sing karaoke. I did 'you learn' by alanis morissette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment