Tuesday, February 19, 2019

controlled fall on ice

I went to perform this evening, and after the show I saw what looked like a river of ice on the sidewalk going down a little hill. I tried walking on it anyway, and felt myself falling so I braced myself. I liked how it became a controlled fall on the ice, kind of just sitting down on it when I knew it would happen. I then made it back to my car without incident. notable was a man wearing a millennium falcon shirt that wanted to talk to me during my set after I spoke of les paul changing music. I asked if we could re-convene after my set was done. I then said 'WTF?' after the show ended and heard somebody talking loudly and found out it was the same man. eventually I saw the show runner say to him to get his guitar and leave. it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was under the influence of something. he claimed he was being disrespected. I saw no need to see much more when the situation seemed to be under control so I left. it was nice to see the new orleans native, he was onstage when I arrived.
   I did some more online classes at the new job, 6 in all, but it sounded like I just needed to do 4. I saw more of the screens we need to become familiar with by the end of the day. so I like how we are moving right along with the training. the commute was problematic this morning, and I had to call an audible on the route and I still showed up late but was not alone. so I still need to figure out what will work. it may mean trying another route, but I know I want to find a way to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment