Monday, February 11, 2019

black swan movie

i watched a DVD on loan from the library this morning, 'black swan'. I recognized many of the actors in it, such as natalie portman, mila kunis, winona ryder, and Barbara Hershey. I didn't know much about the movie before watching it, aside from mention on an online list about how it depicts mental illness. I found out this movie was loosely based on the well-known ballet 'swan lake'. what made it more engaging to watch was mention in the movie of what the ballet is about. it does have a decent number of ballet scenes in it, but I liked the ones away from it more. it in many ways reminded me of a 'big bang theory' episode inspired by 'lord of the rings' where the main characters take on roles from the movie, such as Sheldon becoming Gollum. I think the word I am looking for is 'embodiment'. where it made sense, once it is explained that 'black swan' refers to the 'evil swan' that mila kunis embodied the evil swan. and natalie portman's character was even told how she easily played the white swan but playing the black swan was harder for her. of course it was hard to like the domineering mother of natalie's character, but as my dad would probably say, you're not supposed to like her. so I liked knowing how never having seen 'swan lake' wasn't a hindrance to understanding or liking this movie. although the scenes depicting the delusions or illusions were hard to watch, but I understand those likely were necessary for telling the story properly.
   I made it to the library in the afternoon to print some things, and when I was coming out I was approached by a man that wanted a ride and I turned him down. I said I don't give rides to people I don't know. at first I said I had no money to give, which is what I am used to hearing as a request from panhandlers. I was kind of timid while driving as it was hard to forget my car spinning out twice this past week. it was nice to talk to chalm-skinn when I got to the comedy club, I had a drink while we talked. then eventually it was on to perform at another venue. I like seeing the mad hatter perform there, besides me getting stage time of course. he does music as well as comedy. also some wrestling, but I haven't seen any of that yet. I also spoke with whopper while at the comedy club about the upcoming fringe application deadline, I got some helpful advice about it. one never knows when I will get comedy material inspiration, in this case tonight I got an idea while signing up for stage time due to the conversation I had with the show runner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment