Friday, February 1, 2019

benchwarmers 2 movie

i watched a redbox rental today, 'benchwarmers 2', using up a free night before it expired. I got it because it was a baseball/softball movie. but I saw it as largely a rip-off of 'the bad news bears'. and one scene in it was a rip-off of 'the natural'. jon lovitz is in it, he was the only actor that I recognized. I checked Wikipedia and I was unfamiliar with the original movie, but noted how it had more actors I am familiar with, such as david spade. I said 'farce!' multiple times while watching, as it was no doubt ridiculous and unlikely, the true definition of the word. this was a 'straight to video' movie that had just been released to redbox apparently, and it is just as well as some movies are more worth the time when they are on video as opposed to seeing them in theaters.
   more things happened on the job front, as there was an interview this morning. but I didn't like the vibe of the place. for one thing, they said I had to leave my cell phone in my coat and hang it up. I am not used to hearing this. and it sounded like 'bait and switch' in terms of what I applied to on indeed, compared to what I was interviewing for. in the afternoon I joined a conference call about the offer I just accepted, and then was sent onboarding documents by email to complete. there was also a phone screen, this was after the conference call but with a different company. the interviewer wanted to move it up a few minutes as I was told there was a 'no call-no show'.
   in the evening I went to a friend's comedy show. it was an album release party, and yes it was on LP record. there were some others that I recognized, including one from a fringe play I did. I even liked getting a shout-out from the headliner. nit sure if he has a blog nickname, but I think he will be called Dracula after the name of his album.
   in other issues, I have an email that may lead to the end of this blog. but it is too early to tell. some mention of google plus going away in a few months. but I need to find out more. I also performed karaoke, one song. it was 'joey' by concrete blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment