Monday, February 18, 2019

long strange trip

it was my first day at work in Edina. and it was weird to see somebody I already knew, in the same training class as me- Maryland. hadn't seen or heard from him in a while. when I first saw him I said 'eventually I will tell the long strange trip it has been to what led me here today'. of course I meant jobs like these, a day job, and not performing. I said I think 'long strange trip' was the name of a grateful dead album, and it was- a compilation, or greatest hits. as expected, there wasn't much real work on the first day. I ended up doing 8 online compliance courses. no surprise how we have plenty of them when we will be handling health insurance. we had an hourlong lunch and we were sent home a few minutes early.
   I went to perform in the evening, and before that I saw brawler at the comedy club and spoke about who I saw on the first day at work. I also spoke about seeing the movie 'lucky number slevin', which he had recommended, and how I picked up another one, 'north by northwest'. so there will be another one to talk about in a week from now. the stage lights were bright tonight, so it was harder to see the show runner with my cue that my time was up. he sang a version of leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' as well as one about a scotsman's kilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment