Wednesday, February 20, 2019

my first roast show

I was thrilled to be at the comedy club tonight, as I was a performer at my first-ever roast show. I did not know the main roastee but I accepted his friend request on facebook and I went to that forum to get ideas about what to say. when I arrived I found out I was to roast more than just one comic, and finding material about those I know better was no big deal. I did my set near the end, and I said I was thankful to the yemen native for the stage time when others wouldn't book me for a roast. they claimed that I hadn't said anything bad about anyone, but the way to get me to do something is to tell me that I can't. I liked how I grew as a comic because of doing this show. it is truly a case of relying on your wits if one wants to roast a dozen comics. the main roastee is originally from SW Minnesota, and was an all-American wrestler in college. many of his friends from work, and from his hometown, were there and a few of them went onstage to help with the roast. after it was done I headed to my typical venue for the night and it was nice to see the button there. I also wanted to see the headliner, who I had done a fringe show with. I don't think she has a nickname yet, but I got a shout-out when I laughed at her joke about throwing things.
   I found a different route to work and the commute was no big deal this morning. I left earlier and it moved fairly well despite the snow. I spent some time in the breakroom before I had to report, and read some from a book that was in my lunch bag. I probably hadn't read from it since I did the test scoring job. at lunchtime I got a fruit pie, banana cream, from Maryland. he said he was on the phone with another comic, the Philadelphia native that has a Stephen hawking shirt. we are moving right along with the training, and I look forward to learning more about coverage on pharmaceuticals.

No comments:

Post a Comment