Sunday, February 3, 2019

never been kissed movie

I watched a DVD on loan from the library this morning, 'never been kissed' starring drew Barrymore. I do recall hearing about this movie when it was released 20 years ago, but this was the first time seeing it. there was a good cast besides just drew, as there also was john c. reilly, molly Shannon, and garry marshall. I liked the mention of the Shakespeare play 'as you like it' in this movie. the part about being more confident when becoming someone else rings true with me as I know this describes being a performer well. I found it to be predictable in some places, but such is the case when it is a movie about high school. especially when it comes to clashes between cliques. I just knew that a prank was coming, and I was right. naturally I liked how the setting was Chicago, as we all know how I have an affinity for that city. david Arquette, playing her brother, added plenty to the movie as well, even though his character was a dimwit, a slacker. I also liked what drew's character said about going back to high school, as it was her job to find a story as an under-cover reporter.
    in the afternoon I went to see the st. paul winter carnival, as it was the final day for it. I got my button pinned on to my coat. it had to move to Kellogg park as rice park is still unavailable, due to construction. it might have been a good idea to see the ice sculptures a little earlier, as they were starting to melt. but one never knows what the weather will be like. it was kind of muddy walking around there. before I entered, I dealt with a man who wanted to give me a beaded bracelet for a donation, but I said I didn't have any money so I gave it back. one of the sculptures appeared to be a teapot on wheels. I also tried to look at the heritage exhibit at the landmark center but it was locked. I liked looking around at the front desk of the building, I picked up a few brochures. there was a button there as well, 'bold north', so I got one as I like buttons.
   I made it home well before the super bowl began, and I started off with popping some popcorn. I recall my dad eating popcorn when watching it many years ago, the first one I saw when I was very young. the patriots beat the rams 13-3. later on I did the dishes, and I looked for more sheet protectors to shave from the binders. I freed up three more, and have re-deployed one of them as I filled up another page of my set lists from performing. the others will likely get re-used quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment