Thursday, May 23, 2019

double case of the familiar

i went to the karaoke bar tonight and I saw familiar people for the first time in a while. one of them is known for harmonica playing, he did 'wagon wheel'. he said he couldn't sing for 6 months, and how he had a stroke as well as heart surgery. the other sang 'lose yourself' and said she took care of her dad for a while, who has passed. I knew her from open-mics, she was a show runner at one of them. she was on right after my second song. I did two, 'honesty' by billy joel, and 'take a chance on me' by ABBA. so of course it was cool to see both of them. the regular karaoke jockey was not there.
    at work it was day one of a project, and we had training all day. it is three scoring points, and by the end of the day I had qualified in two of the three categories. I started off the day by going to get my materials basket from another room, but probably didn't need to as a new name card was attached to my assigned work station. there was plenty of stories to read about pets, especially ones that fought but then became friends. I got annoyed with somebody at lunchtime that was complaining about letters to the editor, then about the president. so I moved to another table, although I forgot this man talked a lot about sports. so at the next break I was much happier when I went outside and took a walk by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment