Monday, May 27, 2019

pride of st. louis movie

i watched the other DVD that recently arrived just before midday, 'pride of st. louis', about dizzy dean, who mostly pitched for the st. louis cardinals. I had seen it before, but it had been a while. and it does remind me of books I had read in elementary school, as I did read one about him as well as his brother, daffy. since I do recall mention in the book of how teachers didn't like some of the words he used as a broadcaster. it is like many other movies of this time, the early 1950s. not only black and white, but also covering the highlights and little else. I did not recognize any of the actors in it, not a big deal.
   this was a day where I got caught u on things. I did the twitter posting, and the dishes, today, and normally I do them on sunday. I also took care of going through a 'food report' which meant emptying a drawer from the refrigerator which had various food wrappers in it such as potato chips. I hadn't done this in 5 months, no surprise as to what I tend to order as there was plenty of old dutch chips, along with reese's peanut butter. then I had a very full bag to send to the trash bin. then I slept for a while. after that I called my college roommate, as I had hoped to see the twins baseball game tonight with him. but due to the weather, he decided not to go, as it had been raining quite a bit today. I was listening to the radio when driving to the comedy club, and found out they still played the game. they were his tickets, so his decision to make. when I arrived at the performance venue, I was surprised to find out I would be the show closer. it must have been a little lighter on the lineup due to the holiday. I made a reference to the MC doing a song that reminded me of 'bang the drum slowly', a baseball movie I had seen before. he had served in the army so he wanted to do an appropriate song for memorial day. before I arrived at the venue, I did some shredding of junk mail. it is a good idea to get this done on a regular basis so I have more counter space available.

No comments:

Post a Comment