Saturday, May 4, 2019

chaperone movie

I went to see a movie this afternoon, 'the chaperone' at the Edina theater. I didn't recognize many of the actors in it, mostly Elizabeth McGovern, who was also listed as a producer. she played the chaperone for a teenager from Kansas that went to new York city to attend a dance school, and later became a silent film star. I am aware that blythe danner, the mother of Gwyneth Paltrow, was also in it, but only in the closing credits I found out she played the chaperone's birth mother. this was an arthouse movie, explaining why just one theater in the area was showing it. and I knew I needed to see it right away, when it is now down to just one screening per day. I of course liked the previews, as they show the kind of movies I like to see. there is another moe berg bio-pic, the baseball player who later became a spy in world war two. I have seen the one where paul rudd played him. a poster in the lobby was about a new version of 'all  about eve', starring gillian Anderson from 'x-files'.
   in other issues, this evening I went to sing karaoke, but there was a fight so the bartender said the bar was closed. first time I had witnessed this. found another bar to sing at, 'spider webs' by no doubt.
   I got some work in as well, I scored 139 tests. I slowed down a little after seeing the previous day stats, as my quality had slipped.



No comments:

Post a Comment