Friday, May 10, 2019

spilled candy

in the afternoon there was a brief pause due to hearing and seeing some spilled candy in the row behind me. it was peanut m and m's. I heard a joke about helping her pick them up, likely as a way to eat some of them. I tried to get back to work as quickly as possible. I ended up scoring 183 tests, felt good about that many as much like before I was fighting the tired feeling near the end of the day. I stopped at a Walgreen on the way home but they didn't have the Minneapolis paper. actually they did, but the lone unsold copy looked like some of the sections were missing. I like being able to read about the movies for the weekend, so an incomplete paper doesn't work for me. I ended up getting one at a holiday gas station, where I was also able to use the ATM and get a sandwich. it was payday, it is every 2 weeks there. but I found out this year that if on direct deposit, and I am, it means no paystub will be issued, unless it is viewed online. so I think I am good, probably won't need to see it. I still got some other items at the Walgreen, as they had string cheese and peanut butter cookies. I was thinking ahead and the cookies will be part of what I bring for the Saturday shift. I don't plan on being there as early as I want to check my P.O. box and pay the 6 month fee, which is due at the end of the month.
   I considered going to a burlesque show tonight but decided to stay in. I was trying to figure out the logistics of still performing tonight, hard to do both unless I went early. I was still tired as well, and I eventually fell asleep in my easy chair. the show is once a month, same venue I am now performing at, so there will be others. I made it to the karaoke bar and sang 'survivor' by destiny's child. I liked how I was able to keep up with it. but it was crowded in that part of the bar, so after I was done singing I moved out fairly quickly to the back. I was there for less than an hour, and once I finished my beer I was on my way. even without the burlesque show it still looks like it will be a busy weekend for activities, as I want to see a western play and then get to a book festival.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment