Wednesday, May 29, 2019

scribbled post-it notes

I am looking at some scribbled post-it notes that I brought home from a day of test scoring. I have to write down something quick while thinking about it and then get back to work. it is a good way of clearing my mind. there are four, all small pink ones. one is about a redbox rental I haven't done yet. one is a link to look up after hearing about it on the news, on WCCO. one is something I might use in a comedy set. one is baseball players who have received the president's medal of freedom. I've wrote down this list of 13 before, but I still like being able to name all of them. on the same one in the corner is a small shopping list. one thing crossed off, just got it this week. the other two items can wait for now. not the same immediate need when it hasn't run out yet. I scored 140 essays, felt good about that as it was more than the previous day.
   I liked seeing mason city at the performance venue tonight, we talked before the show. saw the Philadelphia native after the show, when I went across the street to a cub foods as I had a craving for some spam after hearing about it at the show. I liked how a crowd member wanted to hug me after the show and say she liked my set. it reminds me of what I have said before, how I have been given so much due to performing. the love and respect, that others found without having to be performers. and I am reminded of a quote by baby puppet, how performers are poor people that get to do rich people things. such as having people listen to them. so do I treat it as a means to an end? some probably do.

No comments:

Post a Comment