Sunday, May 19, 2019

scottish rite masonic temple, minneapolis

I have said before how sometimes it helps to be a little nerdy, as I was watching the news last night and it spoke of 'door open Minneapolis' or something like that, having 'behind the scenes' tours at various buildings this weekend. I checked online after going to the link on WCCO and found one of interest to me. it was the Scottish rite masonic temple, kind of in uptown. there was over a hundred places listed, some I had been to before. it was a photographer's dream, I know I have said this before about some of the tours I have done. I like finding inspiration, and continuous learning, in so many places. there were many people on hand in gray shirts there to answer any questions. I said I had been to the masonic center in Bloomington for a show last year, and I keep meaning to return to see their museum as well. I would have liked doing more than just this one tour, but at least I did one. it would have been hard to get to more than one. but I have the publication that I picked up there which gives a list of all of the buildings involved, so I have more ideas about where to go later on. and hopefully this becomes an annual event. I walked around uptown after it was done, although not much fun today to be out walking when there was plenty of rain. I liked getting more photos of various places, including a mural saying 'Minnesota nice'. I also stopped at the cub foods to pick up a few items before getting back to my car. can't forget walking past the lagoon movie theater, a place where I see movies every so often. looks like there is a music documentary coming up that interests me, there was a poster on display out front.
    when I got home I went out again, to use a coupon from the loft wordplay festival at half price books. except I didn't buy any books. I got two clearance CDs, one was of charlie brown music and the other was by crowded house. It had 'don't dream it's over', that is why I wanted it. I also bought three postcards, they look like reprints of old cards. one was of charlie chaplin as a paper doll. I watched 'the simpsons', it was a weird episode that was an 'amazing race' parody. another part was a black and white segment where marge was interested in someone else, in a hotel. then I did some laundry, along with the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment