Thursday, May 2, 2019

soft earplugs issued

in the afternoon it was hard to stay focused on test scoring when we heard somebody talk about another project on the other side of the partition. so my neighbor got out soft earplugs, but I was not sure how much they would help, after a few minutes, the speaker was done, so no big deal to me. I scored 198 tests, although some were blank pages or copied text, which are not scorable. I like keeping track on a post -it so it is no surprise what my numbers are to me. I know they want accuracy as well as speed. I was expecting announcements in the morning, but there weren't any. we finally got them at midday, after we got back from lunch. the moderator said he wanted to wait until there was a full day of test scoring to report about. we were informed about how there will be Saturday work available, although they haven't done the official poll to find out who is in. I was unsure what projects I had done before, which seems relevant again. I knew I did 5 last year. then I realized how when I log in they are all listed there. I did florida, Wisconsin, south Carolina (two separate projects) and Pennsylvania (keystone) last year, which is a different test than the one from Penn. that I am doing now. it can be a blur. since I went in a little early and stayed late, and plan on doing the same on Friday, I expect to qualify for the attendance bonus. I prefer to avoid missing out on those, which means avoid taking time off as much as possible.
    I went to the karaoke bar tonight, but it was kind of crowded there, so I did just one song. it was 'second chance' by shinedown. it was a song I referred to when talking to brawler this week. while I was at the bar waiting to sing I spoke with somebody next to me. he spoke a lot about the twin cities in the 1970s, such as the luxury hotels in Bloomington near the sports arenas. something about one wing was for swingers only. later on he spoke of his partner who had just died, and how they met. something about how he was crying on the steps of the YMCA in  Nashville back in 1970. and without him, he would have went to the hills and lived a life of poverty. it was a sobering story.

No comments:

Post a Comment