Saturday, May 18, 2019

needs a toothpick

i did some overtime at work today, and somebody brought in cut-up fruit to share. it was watermelon and strawberries. at first I was willing to eat it with my fingers, but said I needed a utensil. and when I looked at it again I saw some toothpicks in the middle of the tray. it reminded me of the line from the movie 'rain man' where he said 'he needs toothpicks'. I scored 99 tests, slightly more than the previous Saturday. pizza was ordered, it was from domino's. I had three slices, but waited on getting the third. but when I was told there was plenty left, I figured having a third was no big deal. I had my car looked at this morning before going to work. they found some corrections to minor issues and I was on my way. I checked my p.o. box and four of the five orders were there, one of the amazon orders was not but it will likely arrive within the week.
   after work I went to the library to print some things. still trying to plan out some summer activities. then it was to home to unload some things, and on to aldi where I get my weekly grocery order. I wanted to stay home and rest but knew I needed to get going again after the grocery store, as I had a ticket for the st. paul saints game this evening. it was my first of the season, against the Milwaukee milkmen, a new team in the league. the saints won 2-1. I spent most of the game in my seat, but left to walk around late in the game as it was cool and windy at the ballpark. I was pleased that the game was kind of short, about 2 1/2 hours, as it meant I could get home on time for the late local news. I fell asleep in my easy chair after the news, but knew I had the urge to perform so I got up and went to a karaoke bar. I sang ' I guess that's why they call it the blues' by Elton john. I had something by Elton in mind as the Japanese man at the saints game sang an Elton song, 'Saturday night'. I could have easily said ' I am too comfortable at home' especially when it meant driving through the rain to get there. and it is still raining a little as I write these words. I even felt a little groggy at the bar when I first arrived, but I know this is common after sleeping. a man asked if I needed help with the song, and I said I was good. he was right next to me for part of it, singing along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment