Thursday, February 27, 2020

3 bus rides

it took me 3 bus rides to pick up a rental car. they wanted to see I had applied for the real-ID. so it meant going back home to find it. I am thankful it didn't cost extra on riding the bus as the other two rides were considered to be 'transfers' since I was quick about getting home, then back to the shop. now that I know the importance of this document, I will be keeping it with me at all times. as usual, I prefer to rent a car when going out of town. and I am headed to des moines, iowa, tonight to attend a classmate's funeral. I liked how I made good time once I got on the road. I made one full stop just south of the state line, to go to the bathroom and get food. I was in dire need of a bathroom break by then. I liked getting some Canadian bacon pizza there, 2 slices. I made it to my hotel near merle hay mall after 10pm, and didn't stay long there after checking in. because I wanted to go sing karaoke at a bar near my hotel. it was an hour-long wait, due to I.T. problems. I got annoyed with a patron during the brief time I walked around the bar, most of the time I was sitting at the bar when I was having a beer. I sang 'so hard to say goodbye' by boys 2 men. it seemed like a good one for the reason why I was in town. although I found out people thought this was too much of a downer to hear. I liked how there was no problem whatsoever on the weather while driving. I check the weather report before departing to know what I am up against. and as usual, after I was done singing I went back to my hotel to do some writing about the day while having a beer. even if it largely just journalizing, I like the act of writing, the devotion and time commitment.


No comments:

Post a Comment