Tuesday, February 11, 2020

vodka lemonade

I went to an event at the loft literary center in Minneapolis tonight. the first drink I had was a vodka lemonade, hearing about such a drink intrigued me. the lineup for the wordplay event in may was being announced. one of the authors will be CBS newsman scott pelley. I also recognized two history books-about Washington, as well as john Fremont. and there was mention of an event leading up to it having karaoke, and we all know I like to sing. I went to get some godfather's pizza after the event, and I timed it well on the parking fee, expiring the minute I got back. then it was on to home for a brief time, then back on the road again, this time to perform. there was some arguing and I heard the show runner talk about it with two people at the bar. something about the dude being ejected last week but still came back. this might explain why I heard him say on arrival 'never want to talk to you again' and as expected it wasn't directed at me. I liked seeing airway there, so I have some motivation to get there even earlier now. there was a long pause, and empty stage for a while, after the dude was ejected tonight. then a poet went up and did two poems. then the techie said it was an open stage and it was getting late, not many people left, and I said 'me'. I did a completely different set than I had originally planned. it was largely story telling, but it still got some laughs although that was not my intent by any means. I just didn't believe in ignoring what had happened. there is a time and place for everything, and it was no big deal to change it to something appropriate.
   on the job front, I went to the library and printed more pages. and more interviews are set up. in fact this week is busy enough that I said it was fine to move one interview to next week since it was the time that fit both of our schedules. so I would like to think I won't be idle for long. although I am aware that getting interviews is one thing and getting offers is another.

No comments:

Post a Comment