Monday, February 3, 2020

replacement cooking oil

I made my annual attempt at making popcorn on the stovetop, but figured it was a good idea to replace the cooking oil I had as the bottle expired last june. so I got some more Crisco at cub foods after I was done typing up and submitting my writing contest entry at the library this afternoon. it worked fine on doing the popcorn this time, and I used some seasoning I created at work during a staff meeting. I ate half of it during the super bowl, now I will have to figure out when I am eating the other half. I called my college roommate after I got back from the grocery store, wanted to get it in before the game started. he is getting divorced but I think I ended up talking more than he did, about performing. and I still wonder why I downplay the importance of what I do, when people like him say it is a big deal, it is something that others can't do.
    the main thing I ask for in the super bowl is a watchable game, and I got to see one. chiefs beat the 49ers 31-20. chiefs had another come from behind win, much like the two in the playoffs. even though they found a way to win, one would think it would be easier to win when not having to work out of a hole. it was 10-10 at the half, and chiefs trailed 20-10 in the 4th quarter, mahomes was intercepted twice. but he led them to the TDs that put them ahead and was voted the game's MVP. of course there were plenty of notable commercials, usually the best ones all year as now the price tag for a half-minute ad during the super bowl is over $5 million. this is an election year, explains why there were ads from mr. trump, as well as mr. Bloomberg. trump actually had two, but the second was after the game had ended. since it was groundhog day, there was one with bill murray in it, an ad for jeep vehicles, a spoof of the movie of the same name that he starred in. not too surprised as to what was most common, as there are usually plenty of ads for snack foods, cars, and beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment