Saturday, February 15, 2020

cherry cordials

I went to cub foods after a date tonight, as I needed a few things. I got a TV dinner, and cherry cordials, from little Debbie. I had one already and it tasted fine. my date was still with me at the time as we both needed some things. guess it was a big deal since I think it was my first date in 3 years. we ate at Genghis grill in Eagan, a place I went to every so often when I had been in a relationship. when I arrived the hostess recognized me, then I had to find out why. it was due to my date arriving first and showing my picture so I could get recognized. the hostess said she had also seen me perform recently. I wanted to talk about that more, but I said I didn't want to talk about it with my date as I don't want to be 'in character' all the time. I said 'it is just something I do' although I will admit I like being recognized for performing. I liked how I covered a wide variety of subjects with my date, it is not too often that I get this kind of intellectual stimulation. it was likely a good idea that I didn't talk about my family much, aside from when my dad broke his leg slipping on a wet floor at a movie theater. I still sometimes tell that story, because I had to see this movie after hearing about the story. it was '10 things I hate about you'. I didn't do much after getting home, watched 'blue bloods' and then fell asleep watching the news. by then it was nearly midnight, it was cold outside and I figured I wasn't going to get around on time to go sing karaoke. so I put in a DVD and watched a charlie brown special about valentines day. I think it was a later version, after schulz died.
    the weather was likely why I didn't get out all that early today. I watched some episodes of 'different strokes' that I found on youtube, some of them were the 'cautionary' ones. but around midday I went out to pick up a few things at Walgreen, and then lunch at a speedway. then on to the library, where I filed a few more online job applications. and some emails that were follow-ups to the interviews this week. I left before closing time because I wanted to be on time for the date.


No comments:

Post a Comment