Thursday, February 13, 2020

turn in bus pass

I was called in the early afternoon about my bus pass, and was told I was still being charged for it despite my job ending over a week ago. so I turned it in, then went to two job fairs. hard to say if the job fairs will yield anything, but you never know.
   I remembered my plans to attend one of them real well, but when I got the reminder page out of my letter sorter I was reminded of another one that I had wrote down. so I went to one at a library first, since it was going to wrap up first. there were some nice surprises there, including getting some treats from the bimbo bakery table. although no jobs in my field for them. I picked up a few flyers at other places. guess that even a medical device company still needs admin people. one table I didn't need to talk to, but I did. since there was 'laboratory' in the name I was thinking of my college roommate, who was a science major. it was nice to talk about that subject, I will admit. the second job fair was company-specific. I had been to it twice before, but it sounds like they might have something in my area of interest this time. before it was just call center. I like doing analytical work, and claims, even spoke of the insurance exams I had done when working in life insurance. but the catch is that the role wouldn't start until april, and I am not sure if I can last that long being unemployed. but I was given the email for who I interviewed with, so still a good idea to follow up about it. no offers yet, so I have to chase down any decent leads that exist. it was cold outside, so no problem at all remembering to get my coat when leaving, I decided to hang it up instead of have it on the back of a chair.
   in the evening I went to sing karaoke. I did 'when you hot you hot' by jerry reed, and 'elastic heart' by sia. there was birthday cake when I arrived, in honor of somebody I didn't know. but somebody that knew me said I could have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment