Wednesday, February 26, 2020

expired candy bar

at midday I went to the dollar store and got a candy bar from the discount section. only after I bought it did I notice it expired last year. I said 'you get what you pay for' as it cost less than a dollar. but I ate it when I got home and it tasted fine. there were no appointments today so I could stay in for a while. I went out again in the late afternoon, printing some things at the library. also needed to sign and submit more forms from this week's job offer. not sure what else is left to do. and I spent more time going through binders, stressing quality on what is put in sheet protectors. for a while in the afternoon I laid down and slept for a while. this is a common thing for me when I am 'on vacation' as it fills in the time well.
    in the evening I performed at two different venues. the first was an open-mic, I was on near the end. the second was a karaoke bar, where I sang 'i can't dance' by genesis. it was my way of honoring a classmate that died of cancer recently. I had attended a genesis concert with him shortly after graduating from high school. the bartender said he had lost 3 lady friends due to this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment