Sunday, February 16, 2020

re-used shoe boxes

i did some cleanup this afternoon that was long overdue. I decided to go through a loose pile of papers and put the contents into some re-used shoe boxes. some of it ended up in my pile of things to shred as well. and I went through the refrigerator drawer to do the count of what I ate based on things like candy bar and potato chip wrappers for the past few months. so my trash can was no doubt full by the time I was done. and it meant using some duct tape to plug the holes in the trash bag. this morning I also went through my binders and found some sheet protectors I could re-deploy, stressing quality. I decided to use them on getting an article by moe berg about baseball into the binder.
    around midday I turned on the radio, something I rarely use at home now, and listened to the iowa-minnesota basketball game. iowa won 58-55. Garza was no doubt a factor for iowa, scoring many of their points, fouling out in the final minute but of course the iowa hawkeyes still found a way to win. I got the dishes done earlier in the evening than typical, then laid down before the 10pm news began, and fell asleep during the news. no big deal that I didn't go anywhere by car today. I went out once, it was to get some toilet paper at the dollar store. I got a look at the discount section, where I had bought all seven of the single- serving cereal tubs recently, no more than two at a time. some canned items there are of interest to me. this includes beef stew, chili, and apple pie filling. so even if I am not getting my customary can of spaghetti there, I still find things of use to me. my guess is if  I go back to this store in the next few days, that some of these canned items will still be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment