Tuesday, February 4, 2020

family ties, rosalie episode

many of the shows I am now finding on the rerun channels, such as me-tv or antenna tv, are ones I recall watching new. most recently, this has been 'family ties'. tonight the episode being shown was about Mallory's friend Rosalie, who committed suicide. and Mallory does her best to help the mom through it, but then she has to say 'I'm not her' when the mom talks to her like she is Rosalie. I do have a different perspective about it now that I am older, although I think this episode was done after a distant cousin of mine committed suicide. of course one line was well-said, how some realize that things will get better- if they are willing to work through the lower points in their lives. I think this was one of many episodes where this sitcom was willing to cover real-world issues. it was one reason why I waited to depart for the performance venue, once I found out which episode will be. and it was one thing I spoke of in my set.
    I liked how I stayed busy today, but I knew full well there were things to do. there was the oil change at the dealership just before midday. and I liked the snacks available in the breakroom, as well as a paper to read. no surprise how the headline was the delay in the results from the iowa caucuses. after that I went to Maplewood mall and looked around there, but did not buy anything. at first I was looking at what places were in the food court, but figured I could wait on eating since the snacks from the oil change place meant I wasn't too hungry. I found the crepe place I had heard about due to my former job, it is in the former dairy queen storefront. there were plenty of empty storefronts there, most notable was one of the anchor stores, sears. not sure how long ago it closed. I noticed two places were selling items with a confederate flag on them, one was a convenience store- in this case hats. they were having a liquidation sale. the other was in the main walkway, and it was shirts, odd how it appeared to have Marilyn Monroe on it. then it was on to the library to print some things. before I left I had to call the French alliance and find out why I couldn't order a ticket to the karaoke event this week, was told it was being postponed, not enough people. except it seemed a little early to postpone it, still three days out. on to a hair cutting place, a short wait to get it done, which was nice. I got some food items at a nearby grocery store, some rolls as well as lunch-ables. after shredding some junk mail, and getting more pages into the comedy souvenir binder, I decided to lay down and fell asleep for a while. when I woke up I knew it was time for 'the conners'. I notice I can predict more often what will happen on shows like these now that I am an adult, this was when becky bragged a little too soon and then something bad happened, I said 'yep' as I kind of expected that to happen. guess I did myself a favor this morning when I went to the dollar store, by not just getting two single serving tubs of cereal- in the discount section. I also got some more sheet protectors. which helped not only with comedy souvenirs but with getting non-comedy items into other binders. along with getting a look at what is already there and deciding to stress quality. either taking out a page, or doubling up things, as I shaved two protectors and re-deployed them. one now has an article about writing in it, from the magazine known as 'the writer'.

No comments:

Post a Comment