Monday, February 17, 2020

a simple favor movie

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this afternoon, 'a simple favor'. I recognized anna Kendrick in it, as well as linda cardellini. although linda has a small role. I like thrillers, it is why I chose this one. if I was to compare it to ones I have seen before, probably 'deceived' comes close. goldie hawn was in it, and it also had a faked death as part of the storyline. I also learned the term 'vlogger' from it, since anna plays one. this would be a 'video blogger'. I liked how it kept me guessing until the end, with some double crossing along the way. the other leading lady, blake lively, played a fashion company employee. she of course had plenty of stylish outfits on, but it was hard to like her based upon her conniving and constant swearing. but I guess this makes her a better villain as well. or is conniving a correct term, where at one point she is called a con artist? I like how anna's character evolves over the course of the movie, starting out as naïve and wanting a friendship in the worst way, then getting into the investigation after a while. it was worth seeing, but I did not watch all of the special features as there were too many.
    I went to perform in the evening, deciding on  a different parking space as I was paranoid about the chance of a snow emergency being declared and seeing no cars on my customary street for parking. before then I was a 'seat filler' for brawler while he was holding court.

No comments:

Post a Comment