Saturday, February 15, 2020

sgt. pepper movie

I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this morning, 'Sgt. pepper'. the Beatles were not in it but plenty of their songs were. the main band had peter frampton and the bee gees. there was also Alice Cooper, earth wind and fire, as well as aerosmith. and Donald pleasance played a record executive. there was a cartoonish villain in it, but I didn't recognize who played him. George burns played the mayor, and narrator. I also liked seeing Steve Martin in it. seeing this movie led to me looking up the bee gees, as I was confused about their lineup. I recall the death of Andy Gibb, then I found out he was the little brother that wasn't in the band. it does make more sense about the origin of hearing 'come together' by aerosmith more often than the beatles version. and it is evidence of alice cooper, as well as aeroamith, being in movies before 'wayne's world' and its sequel. I had seen earlier Beatles movies, 'Yellow Submarine', and 'Hard Day's Night', and this one compares well with the other two.
   this was an active day, and I like it that way. went to the annual meeting of a credit union, and got a print of the chalkboard art depicted there. also was recognuzed by a cop, who is married to a comic. this was when I was leaving. when I got home I did grocery shopping, watched the 6pm news, then went to a hockey game in downtown st. paul. no, not the minnesota wild. it was at TRIA rink, first event I have attended there. it was a college game, hamline vs. st. thomas. hamline made it 1-0 at the end of the first, then st. thomas tied it 1-1 early in the second. both were on power plays. st. thomas went ahead 2-1 early in the 3rd, and it was tied 2-2 with about 5 minutes left in regulation. it went into overtime and hamline won 3-2, the goal was about halfway through the first 5-minute overtime session. it was senior day/ no concession stand was open, but there was vending machines. so i got some peanut butter crackers, and peanuts.
   I went home again, watched the 10pm news, and went out again, this time to sing karaoke. I did 'school's out' by alice cooper. it was nice to see familiar people from another venue, sounds like some of them also got poor customer service like I did. at one point we played 'never have I ever; first time playing this game, it petered out after  awhile. only familiar with how it was depicted in an episode of 'big bang theory'.



No comments:

Post a Comment