Thursday, February 20, 2020

behind the fuddruckers

I went to an appointment with an agency in the afternoon and as I was leaving to go back to the parking ramp I noticed an insurance sales office. I asked if the company was hiring for other things and was told to try across the street, behind the Fuddruckers burger place. I rang the bell once I got to that floor, then called a number given on a framed flyer. eventually I got to speak with a secretary who informed me of what the insurance company was hiring for. I liked how somebody met with me without an appointment. then my next stop was the library, where I did apply for 3 jobs with this company. there was also a job fair in another town just before midday, but not much there in my chosen field. near the end of the job fair I was called by another agency, hadn't heard from them lately. and it was annoying when they waited only 10 minutes before calling again. I had to let them know I wasn't home yet, so if there was an email sent to me I would see it when I got home. in both cases, they hung up right away, didn't give me a chance to respond. and then would call right after that. so I decided it was best to let them wait a little while, on my response to their email.
    it meant something to me when I was watching the 'young sheldon' episode tonight. it was about Sheldon's first ever plane ride, to California to see steve hawking speak. I recall my first plane ride, it was to Tucson, Arizona with my old man to visit his aunt when I was a teenager. and of course I understood the tie-in to the original series, 'big bang theory', as they show the breakroom from it once Sheldon arrives at Caltech with his dad. this show does help fill the void left by 'theory' going off the air, along with syndicated reruns of 'theory'. eventually I went out to sing at the karaoke bar, it was 'give it away' by the red hot chili peppers. I decided to put some things away before venturing out, including coin albums. I had to check them after getting a French coin the previous day. I found out I had one already, but it was 5 francs and the one I just acquired is 1 franc. this was a rare time when  paid for coins, it was at a festival in south st. paul I think. the price, under a dollar, is written on the cardboard it is stapled into.

No comments:

Post a Comment