Wednesday, February 12, 2020

sassy, chic nail brushes

i went to perform tonight and the show runner was offering prizes to those who went onstage. I was on near the end and got sassy, chic nail brushes. they are green, my favorite color. hard to say how it compares to other things I have acquired due to performing. the one I evoked tonight was the doll leg I got when I performed with the late bill young.  a drag queen performed twice, at the start, and end of the show. as I was leaving I had somebody tell me they had seen me perform at another venue. I guess it is nice to be noticed.
    this day started earlier than most did. I had an appointment at a coffee shop with a fellow u. of iowa alum, who would like to help me with job searching. it was odd to get an email about 30 minutes prior saying the time had changed to the afternoon, but it hadn't. I checked on LinkedIn and was told the time was still the same. so I said I was within walking distance and made it over there right away. I like knowing I can talk history with this alum as he said he majored in political science and minored in history. when he spoke of spending time in the Carolinas I spoke of my visit there nearly 10 years ago, and finding sites related to francis marion. I also spoke of last night's event at the loft where there was mention of a book about john Fremont.
    I had two more appointments after this one. there was a phone interview, which started late and didn't last long. I didn't say much about it starting late, because I want the job. then in the early afternoon I went to a 'hiring event', or job fair, at an online car dealer. once I was done there I went to the bank and deposited a check, then went to the library to print some things. when I got back after I was done performing, I saw an email about a job so I responded to it. of course it was after-hours for this place, but I hope to hear something the next day. although I must be wary when I did an online search, to find out it is a staffing agency. but when there are no offers yet I can't afford to be overly picky. another notable thing after I performed I found some episodes of 'different strokes' on youtube. I hadn't seen this show in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment