Saturday, February 1, 2020

olympic autograph

I had various things on my list to do today. one of them was to go to the st. paul winter carnival. I did so around midday, after picking up a CD at best buy and then doing some writing at the library. I decided to pay for parking for 90 minutes, and it was enough time to be satisfied with what I wanted to see and do. besides seeing the ice sculptures and the artifact display, it also meant getting food and I chose a corn dog. then it meant going inside an Olympic trailer where I was able to get a picture with an Olympian, but I will admit I didn't know who it was. I did like the oreo cookies though, as that was the sponsor. now I have somebody to look up, it will be memorable as she was likely named after a TV show character.
   I went to best buy first as there was a gift certificate I wanted to use, it was the last day. I got a roy orbison CD, 'black and white' session if I am not mistaken, performing with the likes of bruce Springsteen. the writing at the library was for a contest through my university. once I got started, it flowed really well. now it means typing it up and submitting it on sunday. after the winter carnival, it was on to a high school hockey game, at the arena named for 'charlie brown' creator Charles schulz. cretin-derham hall uses it as their home ice. cretin beat park, of cottage grove, 4-1. no goals in the first period, cretin got the first goal just over a minute into the 2nd. park tied it around the midway point, and cretin went ahead 2-1 with about a minute left. cretin scored again just over a minute into the 3rd, and their final goal was with just over 5 minutes left. I did the 'chuck a puck', for one dollar, during the second intermission. it was no big deal to park a block or so away, the lot was full. it meant not having to fight traffic in the lot after the game, since I was already on the street.
    after getting home from the game, I watched the news and had dinner. then it was time to go to the grocery store for my weekly order. but then it was time to venture out again. there were two facebook event invites, and I went to both tonight. the first was a birthday party, at a karaoke bar. I sang 'johnny b. goode' by chuck berry. I had the movie 'back to the future' on my mind, it was what inspired me to pick this one. the friend was somebody I got to know at another karaoke venue. it seemed a little weird to be there, as my visit is usually on a different night of the week. even the bouncer said so when I arrived, so I explained myself. a friend's comedy show was nearby, and I went there next. it was helpful to do so, as I was able to bury the hatchet with another performer. I was frustrated by unanswered messages, but hadn't tried saying so in person, until tonight. I think that is called 'being an adult' when one is willing to try to figure out what got missed and listen to another perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment