Saturday, February 8, 2020

ford v ferrari movie

this evening I went to see the movie 'ford v ferrari' at the discount theater in Maplewood. I got a quick dinner, a hot dog, at a nearby speedway gas station. there was a good crowd at this movie, but I am also aware that it is getting just one screening per day at this theater. the camera work was real good. I liked how it felt like you were right in the middle of the action in the fast-paced car racing scenes. this is definitely a 'manly movie', no surprise when it is about car racing. there weren't many women in it and it didn't expect many women in it either. same was true with my favorite movie, 'Good will hunting', and matt damon was in it as well. it meant something to see the debut of the ford mustang car in the movie, as I have owned 2 mustangs. I had heard of carroll Shelby before, and not just related to sports cars being known as 'Shelby models'. also because of a brand of chili bearing his name. this is the role played by damon. when it is 'based on a true story' I am not too surprised to see a disclaimer saying 'some scenes and characters were invented for dramatic effect'. and as usual, I can guess fairly well which ones. even though it was long, two and a half hours, I didn't mind as it kept my attention the entire time.
    it was a fairly busy day before going to see the movie, and I didn't mind. in fact when I went out to do some errand running, my phone rang as I was in my car. so I postponed my drive until the call was done. it was an agency calling me, but it was to say I would be hearing more soon. then I got a call from another agency, and checked the message once I got to an office max where I was wanting to find baseball card sheets. I called back after I got home, and I stopped at a Walgreen for a few items, my weekly order. I saw the photo guy I knew there, who ended up being the cashier. and as I was on my way out to the movie, I got yet another call, about an application submitted on indeed. after the movie, eventually I went out again, to sing karaoke. it was 'only happy when it rains' by garbage. I got the idea for this song after hearing it at another karaoke venue the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment