Sunday, February 23, 2020

5th quarter movie

I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this afternoon, '5th quarter'. it was about the 2006 football season at Wake Forest university in north Carolina. although it begins with the tragedy of a teenager's death in a car wreck, it was the little brother of one of the Wake Forest players. I recognized Andie MacDowell in it, she was the mom. some others were listed in the closing credits as 'himself' except I didn't know who these people were that were playing themselves. they weren't famous football players or coaches, to the best of my knowledge. I have a classmate that went to this school. the movie was all right but not great. movies 'based on a true story' usually pack more punch than this one does.
    I did get to the library to return this movie, in the final hour of the day that they were open. I got a few things printed as well. I got a good look at multiple lists of Lenten fish fries in the area. it is seven Fridays and I like how most of the places I visited last year are having these events again this year. I like trying as many as I can so it means going to each venue only once during Lent. the St. Paul paper listed more than the Minneapolis paper, and I prefer going to 'churches and organizations', mostly churches but also at least one 'veteran group'- American Legion or VFW halls. it means studying the schedule well, as some do not have a fish fry on good Friday, and some only have one fish fry during the season. but I wrote down nine places so I think I have enough ideas. I don't see myself as being that religious, I just like good food that I don't have to cook.
   'the simpsons' had 'big bang theory' star jim parsons on it, and the prof had bit-coin. joel osteen is on after the 10pm news on WCCO, and he likes starting off with 'something funny'. it was a variation on a joke I had heard before, including on bumper stickers. asking a man to choose between football and his lady, and choosing football.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment