Thursday, February 6, 2020

gobstopper

I went to sing karaoke tonight, and the bartender offered single serving candy. I chose the gobstopper jawbreakers, although they were kind of small. but they tasted fine. the other choice was 'nerds'. I did 2 songs, 'mony mony' by billy idol, and 'the middle' by jimmy eat world. I knocked over the chair I was in on my way to the stage for the second song, except I didn't have one in yet. so I was moved back one slot in the lineup. I also found out there was more than one 'tequila' song, not just the one by the champs.
   I went to another job fair, this one in Shakopee, and it meant seeing somebody that recognized me. I spoke with somebody from a state agency, as well as a staffing agency. and I got a chili cheese dog at a speedway gas station on the way back home because it was midday. my phone was ringing just as I was about to get home, so I had to let it go to voicemail. it was from an agency out of state. I hadn't responded to their 'right to represent' message, but I eventually did. I also started on getting applications submitted on indeed. although it was annoying to hear from one of them, saying that applying there doesn't count. so it meant having to re-apply, through the company's website.
   I fell asleep for a while in the afternoon, then got up and went to the mall to use some jc penney gift cards. I got some jeans, as well as a bedsheet set. then it was on to the library to print some job fair notices. I had registered for both, and they will be next week. one of them was a company that I have visited before.

No comments:

Post a Comment