Sunday, February 9, 2020

shampoo movie

this afternoon and into the evening I watched a DVD on loan from the library, 'shampoo'. I recognized many of the actors in it, warren beatty, and jack warden, as well as goldie hawn. carrie fisher had a small role in it as well. howard hesseman was listed in the cast but I missed out as to what role he had. I will have to admit that I needed to watch the special features to understand the connections between some of the characters. I knew that warren's character, the hair dresser, was fooling around with three women. but not that they were apparently all related to jack's character, an investor. his wife, mistress, and daughter. a man that wanted to invest in warren starting his own business. warren was always needed for his hair abilities, and at times it meant he left the salon and went to their homes, riding his triumph motorcycle to get there. the backdrop was the night of the 1968 election, and one does see big pictures of Nixon, as well as Reagan, in the background at one party for it.
     there was a snowstorm overnight, and into the morning. but it was no big deal getting around once I needed to, around midday. I had a gig, being the blogger for the show done by the Wisconsin couple. it didn't take long to get the snow cleared from my car. there was a system problem that I heard about when I arrived so I still documented the show, although there were no facebook postings. unless they are done by the show runner later on. school bouncer was one of the performers, as well as a comic that I did a fringe show with. she had  a pink hat, matching the color of her hair. she did some jokes about her tattoos. bathtub comic was there as well, along with his mom, and I shared the story about buying her music CD when I was surprised to find it. I saw Arizona Chicago near the end of the show, but she did not perform at all. there was a Barbra Streisand impersonator, and I liked hearing about her story. I guess she goes to impersonator conventions. after the show we had lunch and I was next to a man that told a story about finding a rare history book. I had a mushroom and swiss burger.
   after watching the movie I tuned in to the Oscars, and since I had seen two of the nominees this weekend it meant more to me to see clips during the show. I had seen three nominees in all, and all three won in some category. this also included 'judy', as renee Zellweger won for her role, playing judy garland. the first thing I saw when tuning in was a Verizon commercial. it was notable to me as it had a smashing pumpkins song in it. I asked my college roommate on facebook as to if he had noticed, as he was the one that got me interested in that band's music.

No comments:

Post a Comment