Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bearing Gifts at Work

Odd things happen all the time at work, today that was bearing gifts related to the company's Health Ahead movement. I chose the bar of soap as I will need another one soon.
   Another notable event was telling the colleague, the theater man, about my interest in seeing a play called 'Triple Espresso'. I had a card from its run previously, when I had missed it. There will be a nearly 2-month run of the play so now I need to figure out when to make it. As expected, it is 5 dollars cheaper on lower-demand nights, that is performances not on Friday or Saturday. So I see myself going on one of those days. I did the same when I saw the world premiere of 'Little House' at the Guthrie 2 years ago. The caricature of 3 men on the card reminded me of one thing I had heard before, how former 'MASH' castmember Mike Farrell is involved with it somehow or was at one point.
    Went to the comedy club tonight, one comic looked a lot like filmmaker Michael Moore, another was a large man who was from Oklahoma and he had a joke about automatic doors I liked. I did one thing there I wouldn't have done 2 years ago for multiple reasons. I made a call in the bathroom to my date from the past weekend. I didn't have a cellphone 2 years ago, was just getting started with comedy and online dating (on a serious level) at that time as well. Proof of how things can change. I felt tired at work, so I decided to lay down for a while after work before going out and felt better as expected.
  I'm checking the weather report periodically and it looks like I am better off waiting until Thursday morning to start the drive for the holiday, which is what my original plans were.

No comments:

Post a Comment