Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Waiting to Venture Out

I was checking the weather report often this week, and it still sounds like waiting to hit the road for the holiday is the best gameplan. The evening news spoke of a road closure in Iowa on the road I am planning on driving. And there was plenty of snow already as I was getting off work. So I stayed in tonight and watched a movie, 'Planes Trains and Automobiles'. Seems appropriate when it's about trying to get somewhere for Thanksgiving. Called a friend of mine tonight to wish them a happy holiday, we spoke for about 8 minutes. I am pleased that I have permission from them to do jokes about them, but I'm still not sure about following through with it. I prefer keeping them as a friend, so I usually don't do jokes about friends. Maybe this is why many of them are about exes and myself.
   I showed some artwork to a colleague today, it was of an Amtrak train that I drew when I was 8. This was after riding the train to Chicago for a family vacation, the San Francisco Zephyr. Realized I drew it more like a stretch limo than a train. A former boss and mentor said it looks like I drew all women as passengers, I said 'maybe all of the men are on the other side'.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment