Monday, November 1, 2010

Prize Winner at Work

I got back to the office, and found out I was a prize winner. It was from the United Way campaign, lunch with a senior leader. Sounds like it will be later this week, may not have had much competition, but who cares how I won? Will try to make the most of the time available.
    I put up a sign about the '60 Minutes' feature at work, actually just using the other side from my 'out of office' sign, and informed a few people about it. Heard from a few classmates as well about it, many of them said it made them sad. I felt sad as well as numb. One Facebook friend said there has been many calls already, hopefully some legitimate offers will be made. I read through many of the comments on the story, and as usual some of them stray too far from the subject and some are just plain bickering, especially about partisan issues.  And still way too much finger pointing. Guess I should have expected that, unfortunately it's human nature: blaming is easier than doing something about it.
   On my way to the comedy club I stopped for a sandwich at a convenience store and was surprised there were giving away Tootsie Rolls, the clerk said it was left over Halloween candy, not enough kids showed up on trick-or-treat night. So I had some.

No comments:

Post a Comment