Sunday, November 21, 2010

Using Available Space

Felt good about getting caught up on sleep, literally. I did some errand running as well, like get batteries for a portable CD player, the remote control for my DVD player, and the digital camera. I found 3 duplicated books to donate, but as expected I didn't make it in time to the donation place. So I got groceries nearby and headed home. I had dinner and then drove to the comedy club, but not enough people so the show was called off. I did see a comedian friend there and she followed up on a Facebook comment thread. She's a photographer and spoke of a project where she photographs comedians in their homes.
   One of the good things about the show being called off was having plenty of time to do some cleanup around the home in anticipation of the visit. I decided that I needed to use the available space a lot better, and it meant putting more in the closets like newsprint and magazines. It looks way better now, but there's still a ways to go. With any project, though, it helps to take pride in how far you've progressed. It helps keep you motivated and focused.
   Another notable find from the cleanup was a radio I was given when entering the 2005 College World Series. Probably hadn't used it since it was given to me, opened the back to look at the batteries and one was rusted, then the spring came out. So I decided it wasn't worth saving, hated putting it in the trash but I really had no choice. Must think of my safety and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment