Monday, November 29, 2010

Late for Work

I hated being late for work this morning, but pretty much expected to be when I had a horrible time trying to get to sleep. I think it was mainly the noisy neighbors. For this reason, I decided I was too tired to go to the comedy club tonight. I needed to get caught up on record-keeping and go through mail, shredding the junk mail, as well. Found out I missed a birthday celebration there, would have been nice to see. But we all must make choices from time to time. I did feel better after laying down for a while.
   I like finding music on youtube, and after seeing a comedian friend last night it spurred me to look up more versions of  'Tide is High'. Found 2 versions by Canadian rapper Kardinal Offishall, one of them was with Rihanna. Watched the Blondie version again, nice to see Darth Vader in it, that version was released in 1980, same as 'Empire Strikes Back'.
   A book I ordered arrived earlier today at the office, now I need to find the time to read it. This one is a 'Don't Know Much' book about literature, but it looks like Emerson Hough isn't in it. There are plenty of books in this series, even one about Abraham Lincoln. I already have plenty of Lincoln books, more than 10. I noticed one of them, 'Lincoln Conspiracy', was also a movie in 1977. Looks like some of the movie clips are on youtube, will have to see what is from the play 'Our American Cousin', the play shown when he was assassinated. Naturally I would still like to see the play, but it is hard to find. But I liked seeing the play 'Our Leading Lady' in the Carolinas in April, about the lead actress in the play, Laura Keene.

No comments:

Post a Comment