Monday, November 22, 2010

Displaying More Artwork

I did some more cleanup around my home, and decided to display some of my artwork that had been in storage for a while. I like how it looks, flanking the TV and next to my easy chair. Near the TV: Lady Gaga painting, Cardinals Gashouse Gang, Norman Rockwell's painting of a man asleep in a fishing boat, Grand Vin de France 1919, Fight Club, and Chat Noir. Liked having a few French ones of course. The ones next to the easy chair are cartoon puzzles, Charlie Brown, Shrek, and Pinky & the Brain. I moved some of the books and put more of them on the bookcase I have. I got an empty box of copy paper for all of my CDs that didn't fit in the cases I already had. Also put some art on the table where I write this blog, one was an essay contest certificate and the other being a poem called 'Follow Your Dream'. The Serenity Prayer, inherited from my grandma, is nearby. As the Sheryl Crow song suggests, the change will do you good. Guess I needed some motivation and got it, from one of my comedian friends doing the photography project.
    It was actually an afterthought to do the cleanup, I was on my way to the comedy club and stopped for fuel and couldn't find my wallet. So I went home and still couldn't find it, checked my coat pocket and it was there, I am used to it being in my pants pocket. I recalled how when boarding the bus tonight I put the wallet in the empty box next to my lunch bag and Star Wars backpack, this confusion did contribute to my misplacing it. Another factor was the freezing rain, I needed time to scrape frost before going anywhere.
    There were 2 notable things at work, one of them being my computer was replaced, finally. There were two previous delays. It also led to some cleanup, I don't dust much behind it and it was suggested moving the nic-nacs to a file cabinet above it. I will see them more often, when it's open of course. And I tossed out about 50 FEDEX packages when told they are not eligible to be recycled. I had saved them for over a year, thinking they may have been.
   The other notable thing was a colleague constantly grimacing in pain, especially in the shoulders and back. So he took an extended lunch and went to a chiropractor, much improved. It was definitely more notable than my boss returning after more than 2 weeks on leave due to surgery, she put in a half day and I don't think I even had the chance to say hi to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment