Sunday, November 7, 2010

Penpals

I decided to respond to a message from somebody in France about penpals. There was mention on a website I frequent about somebody from France wanting one. The responder said her grandson would like one, sounds like he attends a prestigious school in Paris and is a resident of the French Riviera when not in school. I had to translate the message from French and then translate what I wanted to write since I wanted to write it in French. I mentioned how I studied the language in high school for 4 years but was out of practice. So we will see how it goes, I am hopeful to get better at French in exchange for helping somebody with English.
  There was still more chores and errand running to do today, such as laundry and a few more dishes. Also watched a DVD called 'Crude', about a lawsuit against an oil company for contamination in Ecuador. Since much of it was subtitled from Spanish it didn't interest me as much as I thought it would, and I was nearly falling asleep during it. This tends to happen when comfortable and tired, I was on the couch while watching it.
   Went to the comedy club tonight, but the show was called off, not enough people showed up. So I got caught up on some record keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment