Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Two Seminars

It was an unusual day at work, had two seminars to attend, and they were back to back. There are many days when there aren't any meetings to attend. The first was about insurance benefits, and I left it a few minutes early since they were just taking more questions by then and the main presentation was finished. during this brief interlude I saw one colleague wanting to ask me something- correctly predicted it was
about Stefani Germanotta (Lady Gaga's real name) as this is a common subject. It was the song 'Alejandro', I had said it was my favorite. Even if it's good dance music, I don't go out dancing much and music sometimes is good to listen to without having to be good dance music. On Monday we discussed the song 'Straight Up' by Paula Abdul. Also referred to an interview with Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan. I like trying to let him know I do like a wide variety of music.
   It was Election Day of course, and I voted after work. Liked seeing how they had ballots for the kids, can recall doing mock elections when I was a kid. I paid closer attention to the online directions when finding my voting precinct, compared to the August primary. And I went from memory as well, on the shortest way when I made it back home back then, which was likely more important.
   Still some buzz in my hometown after the '60 Minutes' feature. There was an article about how Donald Trump called the mayor, though no mention yet of any serious offers to bring business there.

No comments:

Post a Comment