Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gift Cards

I had ordered 2 gift cards last week through my employer's reward system, they arrived today. It was the Kohl's card, and the Red Lobster card. But that's not all. The card I won as a prize from the 'company wing-ding' this month arrived as well, for a grocery store. So it was a bumper crop of cards today. I put them in the envelope where all the others are, saves space.
    Looks like the first date is on for Saturday, offered her a Chinese restaurant nearby. Enjoyed seeing one of my friends at the comedy club tonight, he said he would be competing in a comedy contest out of state this week. It feels good to have made friends from going to open-mic nights, though I wish I saw more people I know more often. I was informed how one of them lost his job in the past few months, guess he would have less money to be in bars. I liked seeing his 'entourage' as well.
   A notable event today was taking a call at my cubicle. Nothing unusual there, except I decided to go underneath since I didn't want to have anyone hear me speak my social security number. It would have been a funny story if anyone had walked by during that time and asked what was going on. When I had done this before my then-boss thought something was horribly wrong, since all one could see was my legs and feet coming out from under the cube. I stayed there until the end of the call, it is kind of comfortable when on your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment