Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Skewered and Seared

I was onstage tonight, what I like about comedy is being able to skewer exes, it's therapeutic. I called the latest one 'scatterbrained and loopy', since she forgot I was going to be out of town for the weekend even though it was why we met on a Thursday. It flowed a lot better than the last time onstage, since I made sure to commit it all to memory in terms of the jokes I wanted to do. I forgot some of them last time and covered it up with laugh breaks and running my fingers through my hair. I also promoted a friend who would be on later, saying I was privileged to do a comedy duet with him recently. I was helped on remembering one about my dad by a coworker, since my dad liked saying 'getting seared at Sears'.
   There are likely a few more dating stories I can tell soon, like the match who said she wanted a ride to a concert. The match went away, may have been just a 3-day free trial. It wasn't a musician I knew that well, but I would have welcomed making it back to my old neighborhood in suburban Chicago, where the venue is. The tickets for the Michael Buble concert seemed to be scarce and expensive, only scattered single tickets on Ticketmaster and well above face value on Stubhub. It was a fairly routine day at work, got the forms back today for some Fridays off next month. Need to use up days before yearend as I am unable to carry them over.

No comments:

Post a Comment