Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Wild Collapsed

Went to the Minnesota Wild hockey game tonight, they lost to Nashville 5-4 after leading 4-1 at one point, and by 4-2 with 4 minutes left. It was a monumental collapse. But I did get 4 more Charlie Brown and Snoopy statue pictures at the "X', 2 before the game, 1 during the first intermission, and the last one after the game ended. The last one was hardest to find, as it was near a stairway that dead-ended. There were 5, and the other one I got a picture of earlier. It was one of the more common, and camera-friendly, events at the Xcel Center, so it made sense to have it as the outing for the pictures. There was a giveaway for a winter hat, so now I have another Wild item. I had a pair of socks, which I was wearing during the game, and a bath towel, which I had used last week. I saw a coworker there during the first intermission, letting him know I would be at the the game. He has a manufactured rivalry with a friend at work, because they like different NFL teams. A fan near me early in the game noticed I was wearing a Blackhawks sweater, I said it was durable and was holding up well since high school. I invited him to get me a Wild jersey, but I know they are expensive. I liked how a coworker, not the one I saw at the game, made it possible as I bought his season tickets for the night. On the way back to the car we saw some of the bronze statues in Landmark Park, and passed by Rice Park where the ice sculptures are for the Winter Carnival. But we didn't have the time to see the sculptures, will plan on doing so this weekend.
    On the bus on the way to work this morning I heard somebody doing a customer service call that was going nowhere. We had nearly reached our destination when they finally asked for a supervisor, and the ride to work is about a 20-minute bus ride. Why is it taking so long to refund my money? I kept hearing it and it was annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment