Sunday, December 30, 2012

Blind Side Movie

  Finally saw the movie 'Blind Side' with my date in the afternoon, on video. I had heard good things about it but I tend to be picky when it comes to seeing movies at the theater. So some movies will get a chance from me on video. I recall how the mother of a classmate spoke well of it. Some things depicted in it really moved me. Since I was equipment manager of my high school's football team I liked the parts showing the training and practicing. I had read how Sandra Bullock got an Oscar for her role so the movie is largely immortal now. So it made sense that I would have more chances to see when I was ready for it.
   We did watch a football game on TV before putting in the movie, it was the Bears-Lions game from Detroit. The Bears won 26-24 after leading 20-10 at the half, but it wasn't enough to make the playoffs as they needed a Green Bay win over Minnesota. This game was in a later time slot than Chicago's, and Minnesota won on a last-second field goal, 37-34.
   I called my dad in the evening and we did speak about various subjects, many of them related to history like how he had seen the movie 'Lincoln' just like I had. I did speak of seeing 'Hyde Park on Hudson' as well but he lives in southern Iowa and when it's in limited release in the Twin Cities I'm not sure if he would be able to see it in theaters unless he goes up to Des Moines. He was interested in hearing about the re-opening of St. Paul's Union Depot as a transit hub, telling me about the Rock Island line running from Minneapolis to Kansas City. He was watching a John Wayne movie, 'The Shootist', which was The Duke's last movie. I had seen this one before, unsure how often.

No comments:

Post a Comment