Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dining A La Card

   This morning I got a message saying 'Hurry, survey waiting' from E-rewards. It said the opportunity had expired even though it hadn't been there long, just over an hour. I know some of their surveys are like this. I try all of them as even if I don't qualify for the survey I still may get a small amount of survey money like a quarter. I like having the surveys available as it helps with building up the balance in my frequent flyer account with Delta Airlines. Originally the agreement was with Northwest Airlines and then continued when Delta bought them out. I looked at the other rewards and none of the others appeal to me as much. I am still weighing my options on other ways to get points for my American Airlines account, a program sounding much like 'Dining A La Card' which I once took calls for. Pay with a registered card at a participating restaurant. But I think many of these are sit-down places and I prefer fast-food or simple sandwich shops.
   There were various booklets available when we were taking these calls for club memberships, based on the agreements we had. Dining A La Card was the generic one. Then we had others with most of the major airlines, named after whatever their frequent flyer plans were called. One of my colleagues liked to refer to some of the callers as 'diner whiners' as they seemed to be much like other customer service calls, the 'complaint department' as dad likes to call it. We did have some famous people listed as members, I know some of those memberships were free. Another colleague showed me some of them, as I recall it was all of the members of the band Metallica.
   I was not sure about the events planned today, as many things are 'weather permitting' of course. In the morning I looked outside my window and saw rain but it didn't look like freezing rain at all. I recall a Stone Temple Pilots song with this sentiment, I think it was 'Plush', 'And I feel so much depends on the weather, so is it raining in your bedroom?' I did end up going to a comedy show in the evening with my date, the later show which began at 10pm. I got a shoutout from both headliners and both of them signed the poster. I recognized the MC as well, who did the timeshare joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment