Sunday, December 2, 2012

Water Park of America

I went to the Water Park of America with my date today, which is near the Mall of America in Bloomington. I am impressed with all of the water rides there, including being able to shoot baskets in one spot. It in some ways exorcised some demons of turning down a chance to play water basketball at the YMCA when I was a youngster. But I was like Jim Carrey in the early part of 'Yes Man' at that time in my life, turning down most everything that was offered to me.
   We ended up closing down two places today. We got out of the water park around closing time in the late afternoon, and then this also happened nearby at the IKEA store in the evening. We went there to eat since we didn't want to have lunch too close to going to the water park. But besides eating there, we didn't buy anything else. I liked the Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes and the apple dessert with some vanilla sauce (tasted like pudding) on the side. Then after looking around we ended up near the snack bar which had frozen yogurt, so I had some of this as well.
   This morning I had another odd dream. I was checked into a hospital and it was due to being tired. As I was about to leave a nun came around and said I was staying right there. Then I heard a nurses's aide swearing and said it made sense to me as it wasn't the nun. So eventually they left, and I got the courage to do so as well, but not until I had looked at some empty whipped topping bowls in the room. Then after I had left I saw a high school classmate and said 'Maybe I should tell them I left AMA (against medical advice)'. Even more odd was seeing a gold-leafed building, which had the French spelling of the Quaker City, as it read 'Philadelphie' instead of 'Philadelphia'.
   I tend to analyze my own dreams well. I had college friends who are Catholic, this makes sense why I was in a Catholic hospital even though I'm not Catholic. The part about being there since I was tired is likely in reference to often feeling tired lately. I just haven't been turning in early enough to get the sleep I need. But it's also due to recalling acting like a hypochondriac earlier on in my life, but just a few years back. I even quoted the movie 'Wayne's World' in it as Wayne said he realized he was just tired, but at first thought he had mono. The nurse's aide swearing, maybe since I've had family members in that occupation. The high school classmate? I'm not sure what it means. He was a goofball, the class clown. But since I do comedy now maybe I've taken on this title.
   Later on in the evening I made it to a Best Buy as I had an invite to a special shopping event. I was invited as I have a loyalty program card and a credit account with them, even though the card has been paid off for a while. I ended up buying just one item, it was a CD/DVD wallet. I like having it as I was able to destroy more of the thin plastic cases that I didn't like. There is space for 16 discs in it, I filled 11 sleeves with this project. So this is my third 'disc wallet'. One of them I got due to a previous gig, when taking calls for a shopping catalog called 'Shop at Home'. Another was given by a friend when some music and comedy discs were 'burned' for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment